Engineering Excellence Awards Gala
This year’s Engineering Excellence Awards (EEA) Gala was a huge success. The event was held on January 28th at the Aqua Turf in Plantsville, CT. We were fortunate to have Fox 61 Anchor Brent Hardin as our emcee this year. Brent added a new level of enthusiasm to our event and did a wonderful job presenting the awards.
Click Here to access pictures from the event.
On behalf of the ACEC-CT Board of Directors, we are pleased to congratulate our 2019 winners and their clients:
The 2019 Grand Award Winner
WSP/STV – New Haven-Hartford-Springfield Rail Program, Connecticut/Massachusetts
2019 Engineering Excellence Awards were conferred to:
- Beta Group, Inc. – Hartford Intermodal Triangle, Hartford
- CDM Smith – City of Bristol-Water Pollution Control Facility, Bristol
- DiSalvo Engineers – Highland Meadows Senior Residence, Beacon, NY
- Michael Baker International, Inc. – Hartford Line Station Design, various locations
- RACE Coastal Engineering – Nathan Hale Pier, New Haven
- WSP/STV – New Haven-Hartford-Springfield Rail Program, Connecticut/Massachusetts
Recipients of an EEA from ACEC/CT are eligible to submit an application for consideration for the 2019 ACEC National Awards.
2019 Merit Awards were conferred to:
- AECOM – I-84 Interchanges 5 & 6 Improvements, Danbury
- AI Engineers, Inc. – Waterbury Bus Storage and Maintenance Facility, Waterbury
- Beta Group, Inc. – Dunkin’ Donuts Park, Hartford
- Tighe & Bond – Transforming Blighted Brownfield into Community–Based HC, Middletown
- Weston & Sampson – Byram Park and Pool, Greenwich
“This year’s submissions demonstrated excellent engineering projects completed by your firms and reflected a diversity of project types, clients, and engineering disciplines,” said Jim Fuda, EEA Committee Chair. “The number of Engineering Excellence Awards issued by the Judges reflects this diversity,” Fuda concluded.
Special thanks to Tricia, Lisa, Jim and our judges, Don Doeg, Jake Argiro, Nate Whetten, George Jacobs and Ted von Rosenvinge. A link will be made available shortly to access pictures from the event.